blogs are a weird thing. Communication is a weird thing. like, in real life you have tone and body language and facial expression as clues to what the person is really trying to convey. On the internet or texting or whatever you lose so many of the most important elements of communications. Words can only goes as far as words.
and that's left me feeling kind down lately, because I never know if it's a good idea to post something, to leave something unsaid. Subtlety is a lost art over the internet.
So I don't mean to sound sappy when I say this stuff, but heck, I am so thankful for life. I mean, what's not to be thankful for?
So here's a list of things that make me happy in winter, in no particular order.
- Andrew McMahon songs
- hot tea with lots of cream
- birds singing outside, ready for spring
- blinding sunshine reflecting off the snow
- printed photos
- big family dinners because there are a lot of people in my family
- Freshly baked sour dough, fresh out of the over
- the feeling after finishing a paper or test
- Rule the World by Take That
- Reading books with good prose
- blaring the radio
- talking about summer plans & road trips
- piping hot soup
Today I hit 900 followers on pinterest. and that made me really excited. (:
Something cool I found on the internet that left me feeling happy and inspired was this : 5 Secrets To Being Happy With Your Photography.
and hey, January is almost done. Let's enjoy what's left!!