Friday, February 10, 2017

week five . of all the days to be over, this was a good one

Some words from Tuesday: Today was such a wonderful day to be done.

I had to clean out the play structure (The Maze, and believe me, it's aptly nicknamed) because a child had a nose bleed. For some reason he started to go down one way, changed his mind, and gone down a different way. He must have sprayed blood in every single section. And the maze takes up about half our square footage in that room, which is not only a lot to clean, but also very challenging to keep 40+ kids in about 35 ft² of space. And reduced to half the regular staff, at that!

If there's something that I should say, it's this: I hate blood.

What I really hate is the idea of the cut that caused the blood, so nose bleeds do not send that same chill up my spine, but it is definitely not far down on my list of things that I don't enjoy thinking about.

And this morning I woke up with a nose bleed. And swallowed a lot of blood.

I don't think I fully realized how much blood I'd swallowed until I got up into the highest level of the maze and started to realize just how bad the air flow is up there.

Hint: it's bad.

The taste of blood is not quickly forgotten, and, just like stomach acid, is easily perked up by the smell. Thankfully, I did not throw up.

I'll leave out the fact that I also don't like heights. Or being asked at the rate of a least (and I do not exaggerate!) three kids a minute if the maze is open yet.

Hint: No. It's not.

But it is hot and unpleasant up there and hot and unpleasant make me crabby... If you wanted to know.

But let me tell you, to go home was bliss.

I absolutely love that feeling of working really hard and then bring able to say goodnight and fall into bed so tired. I love working hard all week and being able to forget it all Sunday.

There's something so satisfying about working hard, especially when it's something you are not enjoying, and then being able to rest from your labor.

That was my (not so) fun story for the week. here are the pictures.

day twenty-eight . snow on sunday is too exciting to not play in (even if you're already dressed for church!)

day twenty-nine . life hack : rain boots double for snow boots in a pinch.

day thirty . this is my mom's bulletin board. it's got a little piece of all our history.

(oh, look. there's a picture of deryn. and TWO PICTURES of you, Janelle. you be so famous.)

day thirty-one . this is our school room. it's got a little bit of everything. It's beautiful.

day thirty-two . (february!!) lego playing has happened like every day since like the beginning of their lives.

day thirty-three . cup song like yo. (we always learn new things when lizzie spends the weekend. this time we learned footloose. we rock.)

day thirty- four . shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment