Friday, August 7, 2015

fabulous friday // wedding photos

  Well guess what!! Today's kind of exciting because I get to share some photos with you from that wedding I second-photographered. Very professional, I know.

  I thought about writing a post about it, but everything sounded so negative I decided against, but I will say up front: While it was not an unpleasant experience (it was pretty great, in fact,) I really feel like wedding photography is not for me. And that's okay. I mean, there are tons and tons of wedding photographers out there and it's a tough job, so why go into something that I know I'm not enjoying completely and taking someone else's place? I can definitely point you to some wedding photographers that I like, but really, it's not my cup of tea. It's mostly the editing, but there were definitely some things I found frustrating about the whole experience, that wouldn't change wedding to wedding. So thank you, Liz, for giving me the best experience possible, I enjoyed working with you (and for you!) I'm so glad I got the opportunity to try it and be a part of that!!
 Also, the other exciting thing is that I am like less than 100 pictures away from being done!! This is probably my favorite point when editing a big batch of photos. I enjoy the editing (really I do,) but it makes me so stressed at night, lying awake, thinking about it, with like a billion photos hanging over my head (by conservative estimation.) But at the end, it's just fun and I don't have to worry because I'm like at the end, ya know?
 Anyway, all that's left to do is download them onto the flash drive and send them off!! and now I'm kind of excited. I felt really down at first, looking at the pictures, but as I went through and edited them I got more and more excited about them. Like, I don't want to depend on my editing skills at all, but really I was so so much happier with them once I'd touched them up a bit.


Happy weekend!! I'm taking a trip up to Michigan over the weekend, so I need to go starting packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment