Tuesday, January 27, 2015

4/52 (part one) - January 23rd : As You Wish & Wicked


This was me, last Friday. Reading Cary Elwes's (aka Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts aka, my personal favorite, The Man In Black!) book "As You Wish", about producing and filming The Princess Bride. Which is one of my all time favorites. Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...There's no "getting used to disappointment" here! (Also, Inigo Montoya, for the win!)

And I was also listening to For Good, Dancing Through Life, Popular, Defying Gravity, and For Good, again. Honestly, the first time I heard the Wicked soundtrack (I didn't hear it all at once, I heard a song here and a song there and I still haven't ever heard one or two of the songs...),I didn't like it. I just didn't get into it. It was like, boring. I didn't like get all the feels I got with Phantom (granted, I don't remember the first time I heard Phantom, because I grew up listening to it...My parents went to see it a couple years before I was born and bought the CD...my mom would only let us listen to it once a day because we listened to it so much!). But I will say the second time I heard Samantha Barks sing Defying Gravity I was in love. Like, seriously, that song is so beautiful. And now I like all of the music (that I've heard). So, my advice is don't judge things too harshly the first time you are introduced to them. You never know when you might find you actually like something!! 

And now I'll sign off with this quick bit of advice: Never get into a land war in Asia!

No comments:

Post a Comment